Charles Cotton must never be allowed to head the NRA!

Discuss the NRA, TSRA, and others
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 213 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:30 am
bblhd672 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:30 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:26 am Former NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre Has Cost the Gun Rights Movement North Of A Billion Dollars

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/03/nra-wa ... n-dollars/

"Cotton was at the forefront, repeating the lies – and adding in a few of his own – while defending LaPierre at every turn with the docile Board meekly “believing” and parroting each and every iteration as gospel."
And banning all dissenters from his forum....while stating that none of the allegations were true.
Amazing to me is how many otherwise seemingly quite intelligent active content contributors to txchl forum remained loyal long after it was clear what was happening to the NRA. Very few ever protested the banning that would occur on that site simply for the "crime" of dissenting with the party line politics of Cotton and his cronies. Well, looks like they have finally come home to roost. Very sad.
One of the moderators over there has spoken up about the corruption now.
John
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 21 times

It looks like some of the (few) folks still around over at the chl forum are starting to see what's been going on with the NRA. I suspect that the next time Charles drops in, there will be a few of them shown the door and told not to come back.

If anyone here can still log in over there, it might be worth inviting them to join this forum, and help it grow. Sadly, I got locked out of my account almost 2 years ago, and haven't been able to get it reset.
NRA Life Member
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 118 times

John wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:38 pm It looks like some of the (few) folks still around over at the chl forum are starting to see what's been going on with the NRA. I suspect that the next time Charles drops in, there will be a few of them shown the door and told not to come back.

If anyone here can still log in over there, it might be worth inviting them to join this forum, and help it grow. Sadly, I got locked out of my account almost 2 years ago, and haven't been able to get it reset.
I’ve already invited RoyGBiv over, and he recently signed up here. The problem is accessing the CHL site. About half the time, the pages never load, and when they do, it takes forever. And when my login session times out, it takes at least 10 attempts to get logged back in.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
KBCraig
Has liked: 165 times
Liked: 106 times

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:56 pm
John wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:38 pm It looks like some of the (few) folks still around over at the chl forum are starting to see what's been going on with the NRA. I suspect that the next time Charles drops in, there will be a few of them shown the door and told not to come back.

I’ve already invited RoyGBiv over, and he recently signed up here. The problem is accessing the CHL site. About half the time, the pages never load, and when they do, it takes forever. And when my login session times out, it takes at least 10 attempts to get logged back in.
It's been a long time since I even tried visiting there, but site issues were always a problem.

Funny how that can happen when the smartest lawyer in Texas is also his own site admin.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
RoyGBiv
Has liked: 6 times
Liked: 4 times

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:56 pm I’ve already invited RoyGBiv over, and he recently signed up here. The problem is accessing the CHL site. About half the time, the pages never load, and when they do, it takes forever. And when my login session times out, it takes at least 10 attempts to get logged back in.
Thanks for the heads-up Sir!
I had some issues getting the necessary password reset to access the forum here.
I was using a hotmail account and they are not always kind to inbound emails from domains they don't like.
Russell got me fixed up this morning. 8-)

"Starting to see...." is not the best description... The place is owned by Charles... It's "his house", so to speak...
If someone came into my house and started accusing me of bad things (even if true), I'm probably not going to let them stay.
I don't have an issue with it, since it's his house.

There are/were some very good people that were active over there, some still there, so, while I don't want to cut ties completely, given that the WLP trial testimony confirmed pretty much everything that the NRA leadership was accused of... it's hard to give any of them (board and leadership) the benefit of the doubt any longer.

It's difficult to see how the guy that led the audit committee can be forgiven for what happened. Having him claim ignorance doesn't cut it. It was his job to dig, to know. Especially when so many high profile people knew and bailed (Oliver North, Allen West, etc.. ).. claiming ignorance feels more like a legal strategy than the truth.

I've made a few non-accusatory posts to see if anyone wants to join me asking questions. Some comments lead me to believe there are others like me that would like some answers from Charles, but, also like me, don't want to call him out in his own house. One of the things I liked best about that forum was the tight moderation and high standards of decorum. Kind of a facepalm given the unfolding NRA situation.

Anyway... Thanks to TAM for the invite here. Much appreciated.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:27 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:56 pm I’ve already invited RoyGBiv over, and he recently signed up here. The problem is accessing the CHL site. About half the time, the pages never load, and when they do, it takes forever. And when my login session times out, it takes at least 10 attempts to get logged back in.
Thanks for the heads-up Sir!
I had some issues getting the necessary password reset to access the forum here.
I was using a hotmail account and they are not always kind to inbound emails from domains they don't like.
Russell got me fixed up this morning. 8-)

"Starting to see...." is not the best description... The place is owned by Charles... It's "his house", so to speak...
If someone came into my house and started accusing me of bad things (even if true), I'm probably not going to let them stay.

There are/were some very good people that were active over there, some still there, so, while I don't want to cut ties completely, given that the WLP trial testimony confirmed pretty much everything that the NRA leadership was accused of... it's hard to give any of them (board and leadership) the benefit of the doubt any longer.

It's difficult to see how the guy that led the audit committee can be forgiven for what happened. Having him claim ignorance doesn't cut it. It was his job to dig, to know. Especially when so many high profile people knew and bailed (Oliver North, Allen West, etc.. ).. claiming ignorance feels more like a legal strategy than the truth.

I've made a few non-accusatory posts to see if anyone wants to join me asking questions. Some comments lead me to believe there are others like me that would like some answers from Charles, but, also like me, don't want to call him out in his own house. One of the things I liked best about that forum was the tight moderation and high standards of decorum. Kind of a facepalm given the unfolding NRA situation.

Anyway... Thanks to TAM for the invite here. Much appreciated.
Welcome!
John
Has liked: 3 times

I’m glad you were able to get in over here. I was active on the other site for several years, and liked the atmosphere. It was a sad day when it started to circle the drain.
NRA Life Member
RoyGBiv
Has liked: 6 times
Liked: 4 times

John wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:38 pm

I’m glad you were able to get in over here. I was active on the other site for several years, and liked the atmosphere. It was a sad day when it started to circle the drain.
I didn't know the forum was picking up here until TAM pinged me a couple of days ago... but... I got here as fast as I could... :lol:
rotor
Has liked: 10 times

I left CHL site when they kicked Bitter Clinger out.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 293 times

rotor wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:16 pm I left CHL site when they kicked Bitter Clinger out.
Thank you Brother! I am here now, alive and kicking!
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.