NRA Lawsuit

Discuss the NRA, TSRA, and others
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:46 pm Amusing to see people excited about Cotton taking over as president...as if he hasn't been part of the problem all along.
I think the last time Cotton banned me from the CHL forum, and I shook the dust from my feet and never bothered going back, was after I called his objection to open carry a "tired canard".

We all know what that means in current usage: a worn-out phrase. Cotton used the historical meaning of vendors cheating customers, and declared that no one would be allowed to lie about another member on his forum. (Which was ironic, since he and his inside crew routinely lied about anything, anyone, and everything that wasn't their idea.)

He's since established himself as a liar, when the NRA audit committee (he was chairman) declared there was absolutely nothing amiss about the NRA's finances.

I can't call him a thief, but he is an accessory to LaPierre's corruption. He knows about it, and fully supports it.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
warnmar10
Has liked: 5 times
Liked: 13 times

Cotton Takes Reins Of NRA - New Rules To Follow
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 212 times

warnmar10 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:10 am Cotton Takes Reins Of NRA - New Rules To Follow
Is that supposed to be a link?
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
warnmar10
Has liked: 5 times
Liked: 13 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:12 am
warnmar10 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:10 amCotton Takes Reins Of NRA - New Rules To Follow
Is that supposed to be a link?
A prediction.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

warnmar10 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:10 am Cotton Takes Reins Of NRA - New Rules To Follow
My prediction: Cotton Takes Reins Of NRA, nothing changes.
Bitter Clinger

bblhd672 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:55 pm
My prediction: Cotton Takes Reins Of NRA, nothing changes.
100% agree! :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

I have nothing nice to say.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Yeah, I'm not sure where the NRA thinks this will lead. Reshuffling the deck, and re-dealing the same cards, doesn't change the final count, or even give anyone a better chance of getting a better hand.

Evidently, the NRA, is so invested, in keeping the status quo, that they don't even care about their members. When you cancel your annual convention, and then hold a meeting to elect new leaders, that doesn't include anyone but the old guard, you are only re-enforcing the image that you are nothing more than grifters. JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
Bitter Clinger

Jusme wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:19 am Yeah, I'm not sure where the NRA thinks this will lead. Reshuffling the deck, and re-dealing the same cards, doesn't change the final count, or even give anyone a better chance of getting a better hand.

Evidently, the NRA, is so invested, in keeping the status quo, that they don't even care about their members. When you cancel your annual convention, and then hold a meeting to elect new leaders, that doesn't include anyone but the old guard, you are only re-enforcing the image that you are nothing more than grifters. JMHO

Yep, this out-moded leadership model is still far too common. NRA Leadership should serve the members, not the other way around. Authoritarian, arrogant leaders only serve to alienate those that they need - and they never realize it until its typically too late.
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

Quoting the article:

"The Committee’s response? Its chair, Charles Cotton, left the room before the memo was presented. Its Vice Chair, who then served as chair, never gave Cotton the memo (obviously he knew Cotton didn’t want to hear of it). The committee (which is entrusted by the board with keeping everything honest) made no mention of the event to the board. Officially, nothing happened that day in July."

https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/2021/ ... erns-memo/
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.