Discuss the NRA, TSRA, and others
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Pawpaw wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:12 pm Most questions will be answered here:

https://www.nraforward.org/
And here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
parabellum
Has liked: 18 times
Liked: 33 times

No matter how this is spun, chapter 11 filing is not great news by any means, especially RIGHT NOW. At the very least it gives the enemy encouragement.
American Patriot Coalition
Vol Texan
Has liked: 8 times
Liked: 56 times

I think that no matter what happens, the enemy will spin it to be a bad thing.

As I understand it, the Chapter 11 is simply a legal maneuver to shield them from malicious prosecution in New York. By completing this process, the NRA will no longer be the same legal entity that's being sued, it'll be a completely new legal entity that has no historical data to investigate. if that's true, then it clears the slate for them, and allows them to continue doing the work they do without this Sword of Damocles hanging over their head.

Or I could be wrong in my understanding - I welcome any better information from some of y'all legal minds.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com | Texas3006 moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

They led off with a letter by Lapierre.

They only thing I want to see him write is a letter of resignation and a big fat check to reimburse the association for his years of grifting.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

KBCraig wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:19 pm They led off with a letter by Lapierre.

They only thing I want to see him write is a letter of resignation and a big fat check to reimburse the association for his years of grifting.

I agree.

Yes the prosecution by NY is tainted because of the clear intention behind it. But it doesn't make what is coming out in court any less true.
warnmar10
Has liked: 5 times
Liked: 13 times

strogg wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:47 pmI wonder if they'll end up in wine country, if you know what I mean.
Lubbock?
rotor
Has liked: 10 times
Liked: 21 times

I guess one of the big problems with the NRA and I don't really know if Lapierre is the problem, is that so many people that were insiders such as North complained too. I don't know who is right or wrong but I do know that donations are going to be down as long as Lapierre is there even if he is innocent. I send my money to GOA.
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

A major donor to the National Rifle Association is poised to challenge key aspects of the gun group’s bankruptcy filing, in an attempt to hold executives accountable for allegedly having defrauded their members of millions of dollars to support their own lavish lifestyles.

Dave Dell’Aquila, a former tech company boss who has donated more than $100,000 to the NRA, told the Guardian on Saturday he was preparing to lodge a complaint in US bankruptcy court in Dallas, Texas. If successful, it could stop top NRA executives discharging a substantial portion of the organisation’s debts.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... e-lapierre
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

Good! If the executives truly did defraud the NRA they *should* be held accountable.

Scoop up the bailing rats out of the water and make sure they are punished.
seph
Has liked: 2 times
Liked: 8 times

KBCraig wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:20 pm A major donor to the National Rifle Association is poised to challenge key aspects of the gun group’s bankruptcy filing, in an attempt to hold executives accountable for allegedly having defrauded their members of millions of dollars to support their own lavish lifestyles.

Dave Dell’Aquila, a former tech company boss who has donated more than $100,000 to the NRA, told the Guardian on Saturday he was preparing to lodge a complaint in US bankruptcy court in Dallas, Texas. If successful, it could stop top NRA executives discharging a substantial portion of the organisation’s debts.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... e-lapierre
According to Charles and his interview with Newsmax:
. Cotton told host Grant Stinchfield the filing of Chapter 11 is a procedural move to reorganize the national's leading Second Amendment lobby in Texas and all vendors are going to be repaid 100% plus interest./quote]

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/1006145/16

So it seems Dave Dell’Aquila is full of sh#t about the NRA discharging debt.