NRA Lawsuit

Discuss the NRA, TSRA, and others
rotor
Has liked: 10 times
Liked: 21 times

Somehow only an attorney like Cotton can spin a bankruptcy into a good thing. Sears, JC Penny, Remington, Colt all doing great since bankruptcy. Sure!
oohrah
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 14 times

My understanding is that the voluntary bankruptcy filing allows them to move the venue to Texas, where they hope to find a sympathetic judge.
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

seph wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:35 pm
KBCraig wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:20 pm A major donor to the National Rifle Association is poised to challenge key aspects of the gun group’s bankruptcy filing, in an attempt to hold executives accountable for allegedly having defrauded their members of millions of dollars to support their own lavish lifestyles.

Dave Dell’Aquila, a former tech company boss who has donated more than $100,000 to the NRA, told the Guardian on Saturday he was preparing to lodge a complaint in US bankruptcy court in Dallas, Texas. If successful, it could stop top NRA executives discharging a substantial portion of the organisation’s debts.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... e-lapierre
According to Charles and his interview with Newsmax:
. Cotton told host Grant Stinchfield the filing of Chapter 11 is a procedural move to reorganize the national's leading Second Amendment lobby in Texas and all vendors are going to be repaid 100% plus interest./quote]

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/1006145/16

So it seems Dave Dell’Aquila is full of sh#t about the NRA discharging debt.
Don't forget: Chas. headed the NRA audit committee that found absolutely no spending improprieties. None! No excess billing by Ack-Mac, all of Wayne's expenses were in order, the apartment for his pretty little intern was just okie-dokie...

So, let's keep things in context when throwing the "full of sh#t" charge around.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

KBCraig wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:43 pm A bankruptcy lawyer weighs in:

https://www.creditslips.org/creditslips ... uptcy.html
Thanks! This was a good read. Seems like it's going to be mighty hard for the NRA to make this fleeing to Texas plan a reality in the way they want it to be.
Among those executory contracts is Mr. LaPierre's employment contract, which the NY AG alleges includes a secret “poison pill contract,” his employment even after removal and ensuring NRA income for life".
How nice for Wayne. The more I read about this situation the more it's sounding like the NRA's choice of how to spend money is a steaming pile....

Did y'all donate money knowing you were paying for a board member's lifelong "employment"? :lol:
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

Looks like the NRA lost 2 days ago to try to move the case to Texas: https://www.politico.com/states/new-yor ... ra-1359159
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

Russell wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:27 am

Thanks! This was a good read. Seems like it's going to be mighty hard for the NRA to make this fleeing to Texas plan a reality in the way they want it to be.
Among those executory contracts is Mr. LaPierre's employment contract, which the NY AG alleges includes a secret “poison pill contract,” his employment even after removal and ensuring NRA income for life".
How nice for Wayne. The more I read about this situation the more it's sounding like the NRA's choice of how to spend money is a steaming pile....

Did y'all donate money knowing you were paying for a board member's lifelong "employment"? :lol:
A reorganization that allows any of the current executives to remain in charge is unacceptable to me. There must be a break between the old and the new, including restructuring the board so that it contains less people and is more accountable to the members.
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

bblhd672 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:02 am
Russell wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:27 am

A reorganization that allows any of the current executives to remain in charge is unacceptable to me. There must be a break between the old and the new, including restructuring the board so that it contains less people and is more accountable to the members.
i remember col north found much odd things and that was the reason he left. but then again i dont really trust anyone involved in the nra leadership.
they supported harry reid and i know the other candidate was or maybe worse..but still .
only reason i stay a member is our gun club by laws require current nra membership to be a member. this may change soon. the city that granted the 100 yr lease of the property is starting to re think the requirement.
but if not i know many of us in the club are looking for new digs to use
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
parabellum
Has liked: 18 times
Liked: 33 times

At the very least, LaPierre has got to go. With him there, I have zero trust in that organization anymore.
American Patriot Coalition
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

New York seeks dismissal of NRA bankruptcy case

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-see ... uptcy-case
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.