NRA picks Colliers for help with possible headquarters relocation to DFW

Discuss the NRA, TSRA, and others
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

I can just imagine... Bitter Clinger looks out his bedroom window to see a new building with a giant NRA logo on the side of it. 😜
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

Or... maybe not. It looks like pretty much all of this "reorganization" is unauthorized, and a judge who was recently elected to the board is taking a closer look.

https://www.creditslips.org/creditslips ... otion.html
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

strogg wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:07 pm I can just imagine... Bitter Clinger looks out his bedroom window to see a new building with a giant NRA logo on the side of it. 😜
Thanks buddy, just what I need, another transplanted, overpaid DemocRat lawyer from New York living nextdoor...there goes the neighborhood 🤬

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/02/nra-ba ... eadership/
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:41 am
strogg wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:07 pm I can just imagine... Bitter Clinger looks out his bedroom window to see a new building with a giant NRA logo on the side of it. 😜
Thanks buddy, just what I need, another transplanted, overpaid DemocRat lawyer from New York living nextdoor...there goes the neighborhood 🤬

Attorney Brewer always seems to be angling toward siphoning member money into his pockets.
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

You have to hand it to the NRA to do one very good thing for gun owners. They're the elephant in the room that everyone is focused on, a big distraction with their arms flailing, while the smaller organizations are flying under the radar getting all the lawsuits filed and fighting for our rights with minimal resistance. In a way, I hope this NRA thing keeps dragging on for a looooong time.
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 117 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:41 am

Journey’s motion for an Examiner, as well as Dell’Aquila’s call for a Trustee, can be reasonably compared to the voter fraud questions that have been raised around the country: If everything was all done on the up-and-up, then all sides should support a thorough investigation and audit by an independent, neutral third party, which would definitively either prove corruption or prove there’s not any. Just saying “Trust us… Everything’s fine,” while blocking efforts to investigate the accusations, isn’t instilling any confidence – in voters or NRA members – and confidence is what’s really needed.
That point is well taken. After the ongoing controversies over the apparent misconduct of LaPierre and others, REAL transparency is what it will take to restore the confidence of the membership in the association's leadership.

I used to donate regularly to the NRA.....not large amounts, because I’m not a rich man....but fairly regularly. I also upgraded my membership level to endowment life member, without once taking advantage of any of the perks. But I eventually stopped donating because I had the sense that more of my money went to upholding the paid leadership than it did to upholding my 2A rights. I would hate to see the NRA die. OTH, I don’t want to keep feeding their addiction to lifestyle. It occurs to me that, if enough members returned all of the solicitation letters unpaid, with notes saying things like "not one more thin dime until there is a complete change of leadership", the leadership would change. It also seems to me like revisiting the bylaws might be called for......INCLUDING a term limits amendment.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"