Dem Control: WH, Senate, House

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

With the Georgia election appearing to be both Dems winning and giving the party of the left total control, there should be many bills forthcoming to further infringe upon the 2nd Amendment. What NY state is doing is just the beginning.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Right. So what will the governors of states like South Dakota, Texas, etc., do?

I suspect that the edicts requiring businesses to close and people to wear masks were simply pilot tests to see if citizens would comply and if LEOs would enforce. Results are obvious...

https://amgreatness.com/2021/01/06/i-no ... od-german/
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

I sincerely hope the Republicans are able to hold the ground against any further erosion of our 2nd amendment rights.

Glad I got my AR-10 purchase done before inauguration....
Vol Texan
Has liked: 8 times
Liked: 56 times

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com | Texas3006 moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry
SQLGeek
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 19 times

After what we've seen today at the Capitol, I expect gun control as a part of "curbing extremism" will feature prominently this year.
<This space intentionally left blank.>
flechero
Has liked: 2 times
Liked: 6 times

just makes me want to throw up
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 117 times

When was the last time that democrats controlled both chambers of Congress AND the White House? It was during Obama’s first term.....when we got Obamacare rammed down our throats, the single biggest gov’t takeover of part of the economy since FDR.

The time before that was during Clinton's first term, when they traded to stamp out an integral parts of the 2nd Amendment with their Brady Bill and the AWB abomination.

The time before that was during Carter's administration when we got screwed on oil prices and availability, and a weak president gave us the Iranian hostage crisis.

The time before that was during the Kennedy and Johnson administrations, when we got the "Great Society" which we are STILL paying for, and the unconstitutional gun control act of 1968.

Gun owners, should get ready to batten down the hatches. If you’ve seen the list of gun control initiatives on Biden’s campaign website, you should be SERIOUSLY worried about what comes next. Now we get to find out if all that "I will not comply" stuff was for real, or just all talk.

HOPEFULLY (but I’m not sanguine about the prospects), we can count on our 5/4 majority in SCOTUS to strike down some of these anti-2nd Amendment bills if they become law, but we have to have the money to litigate, AND plaintiffs who are willing to take the heat. That takes organization and commitment.

And that’s just guns. Look for expansions of Obamacare. Look for increased federal control over local school systems. Look for taxes to go up....and not just income taxes, but also capital gains, and look for an increase on the death tax.

This chart shows the years when a party controlled both Congress and the White House.
80A831BA-FE3D-4A88-93BC-6652E526403B.jpeg
8D620EA7-36DE-43CC-944E-BAE451220BB0.jpeg
A divided Congress, or even a unified Congress with an opposition presidency, is a good thing for The People. It limits the amount of mischief the gov’t can get into. But whenever the gov’t is completely unified, THAT is when the most harm is done to the rights of The People. We have two years to both endure, and PREPARE, to disrupt this catastrophe by flipping one of the chambers of Congress. For that to be successful, the next two years have to be SO catastrophic that enough people get angry enough to change how they vote.

That catastrophe is going to hit America's gun owners first and hardest. I am genuinely worried for those of us who already own NFA items.

Like many, I also will be less than surprised if Biden is removed from office before his first term is over for reasons of non compos mentis, and Harris becomes president. When that happens, the USA is over, done, kaput, finished. That’s when the Balkanization will begin.

Welcome to the new reality. The nation's big cities are full of drones who never reason for themselves any longer, and those cities are the seats of political power. The cities promise bread and circuses, with no regard for who grows the wheat, or builds the circus machinery.

It’s past time to start cutting off their food supply and energy sources.
You must LOGIN to view the files attached to this post.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

http://dullhawk.com/timesup.html
F7532F32-8637-472B-94F0-4D7D31BBF737.jpeg
You must LOGIN to view the files attached to this post.