And so it begins, HR 127

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
User avatar
The Annoyed Man
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:28 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Liked: 66 times

powerboatr wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:43 pm i go to many gun shows and never have run across a guy selling a firearm that was not a FFL. I am sure they are there, but i have never seen on . still a bad idea because it will sold as the fake gunshow loophole, like the internet loophole :D :hand:
I have actually gone to a gun show personally to try and sell A (one) gun. I was unsuccessful, because nobody wanted to buy the gun/scope combo at my price. I am not an FFL, and it would have been a private sale. At every gun show I’ve ever been to, I’ve seen at least one person walking around with a slung rifle with a for-sale sign on the muzzle. I’ve never witnessed any such transaction inside the show. I HAVE observed such a transaction taking place right outside of the show, like right on the front steps......nice and legal like.

This alleged gun show loophole law is just an excuse to stamp out individual private sales, no matter where they take place. Such a law would be a strong argument against signing bills of sale or in any other way of documenting a sale in the past or present, and right up until the law is passed.

I’m not advising anyone to break the law, but if one were so inclined, one could even perform such an undocumented sale as an act of civil disobedience after the law passes—there being no way for the gov’t to prove that you had broken the law so long as the gun had been purchased by you some time prior to the law going into effect. You could tell the govt enforcers that you bought the gun 10 years ago (verified by the 4473), and sold it to some random guy named Joe or Bill (you don’t remember) six months prior to the law's passage. You confirmed his eligibility for purchase by viewing his LTC at the time, but you don’t remember his name for certain, and you didn’t write up a bill of sale because it wasn’t required by the law at the time. You did everything legally, and you even tried to make sure you weren’t selling to a criminal by viewing his LTC—relying on the vetting process done by both the state and the Security Branch of the DNC (AKA “FBI”) to determine his eligibility.

Meanwhile, the gun in question is buried in a piece of sealed PBC pipe in the trees out behind your house, against the day that there is a neighborhood militia call up to resist tyranny by going to arrest SJL as an enemy of the Constitution and a traitor to the nation.

One can dream, can’t one?
“Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.” —George Washington
powerboatr
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:43 pm
Has liked: 82 times
Liked: 32 times

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:04 am
powerboatr wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:43 pm i go to many gun shows and never have run across a guy selling a firearm that was not a FFL. I am sure they are there, but i have never seen on . still a bad idea because it will sold as the fake gunshow loophole, like the internet loophole :D :hand:
I have actually gone to a gun show personally to try and sell A (one) gun. I was unsuccessful, because nobody wanted to buy the gun/scope combo at my price. I am not an FFL, and it would have been a private sale. At every gun show I’ve ever been to, I’ve seen at least one person walking around with a slung rifle with a for-sale sign on the muzzle. I’ve never witnessed any such transaction inside the show. I HAVE observed such a transaction taking place right outside of the show, like right on the front steps......nice and legal like.

This alleged gun show loophole law is just an excuse to stamp out individual private sales, no matter where they take place. Such a law would be a strong argument against signing bills of sale or in any other way of documenting a sale in the past or present, and right up until the law is passed.

I’m not advising anyone to break the law, but if one were so inclined, one could even perform such an undocumented sale as an act of civil disobedience after the law passes—there being no way for the gov’t to prove that you had broken the law so long as the gun had been purchased by you some time prior to the law going into effect. You could tell the govt enforcers that you bought the gun 10 years ago (verified by the 4473), and sold it to some random guy named Joe or Bill (you don’t remember) six months prior to the law's passage. You confirmed his eligibility for purchase by viewing his LTC at the time, but you don’t remember his name for certain, and you didn’t write up a bill of sale because it wasn’t required by the law at the time. You did everything legally, and you even tried to make sure you weren’t selling to a criminal by viewing his LTC—relying on the vetting process done by both the state and the Security Branch of the DNC (AKA “FBI”) to determine his eligibility.

Meanwhile, the gun in question is buried in a piece of sealed PBC pipe in the trees out behind your house, against the day that there is a neighborhood militia call up to resist tyranny by going to arrest SJL as an enemy of the Constitution and a traitor to the nation.

One can dream, can’t one?
now thats not a dream, its good planning. i would never encourage in or on the net about ways and means, but there are thousands of places to secure property in such a way to preserve it and make it impossible for others to find . especially when you live in the sticks
was reading some neat ideas from the prohibition era, those folks had some ingenious items, but the fbi had no xray or GPR, or other such scannng tools
when we transit to south texas 2x a year to visit sis, we have to pass through a WHOLE vehicle scanner and plate recorder, and you can bet they check us coming back up, but they are always very friendly and off we go.

we are entering some very different days ahead.
we shall see just how far congress pushes the envelope,
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
srothstein
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:39 pm
Location: Luling
Has liked: 31 times
Liked: 44 times

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:04 amMeanwhile, the gun in question is buried in a piece of sealed PBC pipe in the trees out behind your house, against the day that there is a neighborhood militia call up to resist tyranny by going to arrest SJL as an enemy of the Constitution and a traitor to the nation.
I hope that everyone who buried their guns against a possible resistance to tyranny goes our now and digs them up and cleans them, getting them ready to use (if they can still find ammo for it).

I there ever comes a time that you should be burying your guns, it is time to use them instead.
Steve Rothstein
User avatar
Vol Texan
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:42 pm
Location: Houston (west side)
Has liked: 7 times
Liked: 46 times
Contact:

srothstein wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:06 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:04 amMeanwhile, the gun in question is buried in a piece of sealed PBC pipe in the trees out behind your house, against the day that there is a neighborhood militia call up to resist tyranny by going to arrest SJL as an enemy of the Constitution and a traitor to the nation.
I hope that everyone who buried their guns against a possible resistance to tyranny goes our now and digs them up and cleans them, getting them ready to use (if they can still find ammo for it).

I there ever comes a time that you should be burying your guns, it is time to use them instead.
That reminds me of something my BIL tells me. "Early in life I wondered if I should invest in gold or in silver. But then I figured if it ever got bad enough that I needed to have made that decision, then perhaps I'll find that I should have invested in other metals. So I invested in lead instead."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation should keep you safe.
When these three fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com | Armored Cav | Tennessee Squire | Texas3006 moderator
powerboatr
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:43 pm
Has liked: 82 times
Liked: 32 times

you know how efficient our government its, especially the ATF...
even if they demand immediate registration of all firearms, it would most likely take 4 years or longer to figure out who has them and then if they did or did not complete some bs form the atf may mail out. and of course we would use snail mail.


then there are the ones that comply just because they feel its important, never mind the criminals. maybe atf could track down all the stolen weapons and then start on the rest of us. that alone would take eons. :mrgreen:


we all know biden; if inaugurated wont last more than a month before he is removed or pulls an elvis an dies on the toilet. and no way harris would be re-elected the machine would eat her, her own party despises her .
ahhhh but i see 8" pvc pipes are in stock :geek:
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
User avatar
Jusme
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:13 am
Location: Johnson County
Has liked: 47 times
Liked: 85 times

powerboatr wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:18 pm you know how efficient our government its, especially the ATF...
even if they demand immediate registration of all firearms, it would most likely take 4 years or longer to figure out who has them and then if they did or did not complete some bs form the atf may mail out. and of course we would use snail mail.


then there are the ones that comply just because they feel its important, never mind the criminals. maybe atf could track down all the stolen weapons and then start on the rest of us. that alone would take eons. :mrgreen:


we all know biden; if inaugurated wont last more than a month before he is removed or pulls an elvis an dies on the toilet. and no way harris would be re-elected the machine would eat her, her own party despises her .
ahhhh but i see 8" pvc pipes are in stock :geek:

I foresee a surge in “sanctuary states” including Texas. The ATF simply doesn’t have the man power, without the assistance of State and local LEO, to track down owners of any guns, magazines, or any other items the new administration deems unacceptable. Not to mention the myriad of lawsuits filed by gun rights organizations which will slow their progress. If States simply refuse to assist, they will be unable to do more than posture. Especially if they want to go after things not listed on any Federal forms, like mags, bump stocks, pistol braces, ammo, etc. JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
powerboatr
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:43 pm
Has liked: 82 times
Liked: 32 times

and we are lucky in texas that the state does not release details on ltc . just numbers, no names
i can DOJ challenging that and failing here as long as we have an AG with ooommph
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
KMooneyham
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:02 am
Has liked: 9 times
Liked: 4 times

powerboatr wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:43 pm Sheila jackson lee is the problem
cant believe the good folks in houston keep picking her. everything she touches goes to crap.

as well as all the rest of these bills.

i go to many gun shows and never have run across a guy selling a firearm that was not a FFL. I am sure they are there, but i have never seen on . still a bad idea because it will sold as the fake gunshow loophole, like the internet loophole :D :hand:


licensing ammunition is OUT THERE. like on pluto
remember they tried this years ago with a laser etch to track bullets
i can only imagine how complex and over bearing such a law would be, reloading for one? how do you license a home smelted lead bullet :dance:

the rest i dare not say out loud at this time
The only folks I've ever seen at gun shows who might have been selling without an FFL were always proverbial "old guys" with a couple of likely overpriced revolvers and bolt-action "hunting rifles" (wood stock, scoped), or maybe a bolt-action mil-surp. I've never seen anyone who I didn't think had an FFL selling any modern firearms, such as polymer pistols, semi-auto rifles, ect, which are the ones the antis always seem to be trying to convince the general public are being sold in mass quantities without a license. It's just a lot of hogwash.
User avatar
Jusme
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:13 am
Location: Johnson County
Has liked: 47 times
Liked: 85 times

KMooneyham wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:55 am
powerboatr wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:43 pm Sheila jackson lee is the problem
cant believe the good folks in houston keep picking her. everything she touches goes to crap.

as well as all the rest of these bills.

i go to many gun shows and never have run across a guy selling a firearm that was not a FFL. I am sure they are there, but i have never seen on . still a bad idea because it will sold as the fake gunshow loophole, like the internet loophole :D :hand:


licensing ammunition is OUT THERE. like on pluto
remember they tried this years ago with a laser etch to track bullets
i can only imagine how complex and over bearing such a law would be, reloading for one? how do you license a home smelted lead bullet :dance:

the rest i dare not say out loud at this time
The only folks I've ever seen at gun shows who might have been selling without an FFL were always proverbial "old guys" with a couple of likely overpriced revolvers and bolt-action "hunting rifles" (wood stock, scoped), or maybe a bolt-action mil-surp. I've never seen anyone who I didn't think had an FFL selling any modern firearms, such as polymer pistols, semi-auto rifles, ect, which are the ones the antis always seem to be trying to convince the general public are being sold in mass quantities without a license. It's just a lot of hogwash.

Add to that, the fact that most criminals, acquire their guns through illegal means, theft, straw purchases, etc. All of which, are already illegal. As I stated, these proposals, are simply one more stepping stone, to totally disarm, the public. There has not been a single gun law passed, that has stopped, criminals from getting guns, background checks, waiting periods, mag capacity, gun free zones, etc. have not and will not do anything but, create a defenseless public, which is their ultimate goal. Unarmed people, are easier to load onto boxcars.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
Post Reply