And so it begins, HR 127

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
Gtolbert09

HR127 introduced on 1/4/2021

To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.

Sponsored by Sheila Jackson Lee
Gtolbert09

And HR 121
To provide for the hiring of 200 additional Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents and investigators to enforce gun laws.

HR125
- To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide for a 7-day waiting period before a semiautomatic firearm, a silencer, armor piercing ammunition, or a large capacity ammunition magazine may be transferred.

HR130
To require the safe storage of firearms and ammunition, and to require the investigation of reports of improper storage of firearms or ammunition.

HR167

To prohibit the transfer of a firearm at a gun show by a person who is not a federally licensed firearms dealer.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

And how many compromises will certain “gun rights” organizations agree to?
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

bblhd672 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:12 am And how many compromises will certain “gun rights” organizations agree to?
You would think their line in the sand would be "shall not be infringed ."
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
oohrah
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 14 times

I don't have a problem with HR 121. And with HR 167, I never understood why someone would go to the trouble to sell privately at a gun show like walking around with a sign. And if you're renting a table and selling multiple guns, you need to be a FFL. What am I missing here? And you know what, if this is the "gun show loop hole", why are we so bent on defending it?
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

oohrah wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:22 am I don't have a problem with HR 121. And with HR 167, I never understood why someone would go to the trouble to sell privately at a gun show like walking around with a sign. And if you're renting a table and selling multiple guns, you need to be a FFL. What am I missing here? And you know what, if this is the "gun show loop hole", why are we so bent on defending it?
Because it is further government infringement. Should I need to have a license if I want to put a for sale sign on my car, at a car show? Should the buyer be required to pass a background check? What if the buyer, gets drunk, and crashes into someone with the car he just bought from me? Should I be held responsible?
Owning a car is not a right spelled out in the Constitution.
If I own a gun, or any other property, I should be allowed to sell it. These seemingly benign bills, are just another step towards making gun owners undesirable in the eyes of the public, and creating more hurdles and road blocks for people to buy guns. None of these type of bills, will prevent those intent on evil, from obtaining guns. The authors of these bills are well aware of that fact, it they have convinced their gullible constituents, that this is some magic criminal pipeline for gun acquisition. When closing this “loophole” fails to reduce criminal use of firearms, they will find another so called “loophole” to try to close.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

oohrah wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:22 am I don't have a problem with HR 121. And with HR 167, I never understood why someone would go to the trouble to sell privately at a gun show like walking around with a sign. And if you're renting a table and selling multiple guns, you need to be a FFL. What am I missing here? And you know what, if this is the "gun show loop hole", why are we so bent on defending it?
Because they are not advocating a law that only applies at a gun show. The law would require you to use an FFL to transfer any firearm to anyone. Giving a firearm to your own children would require an FFL. They are talking about eliminating all private sells of firearms with no FFL. Not simply a guy selling his private firearm at a gun show.

Calling it a "gunshow loophole" is for the sake of semantics. It tricks people into thinking just exactly what you just posted.
C-dub
Has liked: 17 times
Liked: 10 times

121 in and of itself isn't a problem. It's what they will be charged with enforcing.

167, if it is actually limited to gun shows would be a minor inconvenience at best. People would just just stop making that actual sale inside the gun show and rather do it in the parking lot or anywhere else.
I am not and have never been an LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Sergeant Mike Smith, who was murdered along with 4 other LEO's on 7.7.2016.
Patriot Guard Rider
NRA Life Member
Si vis pacem, para bellum
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

C-dub wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:29 pm
121 in and of itself isn't a problem. It's what they will be charged with enforcing.

167, if it is actually limited to gun shows would be a minor inconvenience at best. People would just just stop making that actual sale inside the gun show and rather do it in the parking lot or anywhere else.
If anyone believes for one minute that the final writing of that bill will only apply to gun shows, I have a bridge to sell them. First off, there is not now or has there ever been a "gun show loophole". They are now and always have been referring to private party sells of firearms anytime they ever called it a "gun show loophole". The terminology is meant to deceive people. It makes about as much sense as calling it an Academy parking lot loophole. Since people may meet up there to sell or buy a firearm with no FFL. How about we call it a Craigs list loophole. People sell guns on Craigs list with no FFL all the time.
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

Sheila jackson lee is the problem
cant believe the good folks in houston keep picking her. everything she touches goes to crap.

as well as all the rest of these bills.

i go to many gun shows and never have run across a guy selling a firearm that was not a FFL. I am sure they are there, but i have never seen on . still a bad idea because it will sold as the fake gunshow loophole, like the internet loophole :D :hand:

licensing ammunition is OUT THERE. like on pluto
remember they tried this years ago with a laser etch to track bullets
i can only imagine how complex and over bearing such a law would be, reloading for one? how do you license a home smelted lead bullet :dance:

the rest i dare not say out loud at this time
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods