Latest on ATF Pistol Brace Cluster

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 257 times
Liked: 167 times

The ATF posted the proposed pistol brace rules to the Federal Register late last year for public comment. Over 250,000 comments were submitted, with most comments being against any new regulations. The gun community let their voices be heard, and the ATF ignored them.
ATF Requests Funding for Pistol Brace Amnesty Registration Program
https://www.ammoland.com/2022/09/atf-pi ... z7dq6Xqbps
Owners of braced pistols would have to submit photos of their firearms to the ATF to prove that they qualify for “amnesty registration.”

ATF Needs to Go as 4 Million+ Face Gun Registration
https://www.ammoland.com/2022/09/atf-ne ... z7dq7av3NU
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) calls their monumentally stupid idea an “amnesty” because they won’t charge the normal $200 fee for an NFA tax stamp
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
bblhd672
Has liked: 232 times
Liked: 165 times

ATF: We'll let you register your pistol brace as a SBR for free! (Who gave ATF authority to override the legislated $200 fee?)
Sucker: Great! Here's pictures of all my AR pistols and other weapons using a pistol brace.
ATF: Knock, knock...new rule...we've come to take possession of your amnesty SBR's.
I am bitter clinging, irredeemable, deplorable, an enemy of the state and a Neanderthal, according to the left.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 257 times
Liked: 167 times

bblhd672 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:50 pm ATF: We'll let you register your pistol brace as a SBR for free! (Who gave ATF authority to override the legislated $200 fee?)
Sucker: Great! Here's pictures of all my AR pistols and other weapons using a pistol brace.
ATF: Knock, knock...new rule...we've come to take possession of your amnesty SBR's.
Folks will simply revert back to the configurations common before braces existed. The ATF is made up of idiotic bureaucrats feasting at the government trough. There is way to much of our tax money going to Washington and ending up being wasted or used to reduce our God given rights.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
KBCraig
Has liked: 103 times
Liked: 70 times

Here's a fun fact about SBRs: unlike machineguns, they don't remain classified for life.

Once a machinegun, always a machinegun, but you can convert an SBR back to a pistol at will. Or to a rifle configuration (just once, and not back, technically speaking, but... who's to know?)

Also, if someone registers a braced pistol as an SBR, they're free to put a real stock on it and make a truly functional SBR.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.