I am continually dismayed to have this far left moron as the Congress critter for our district. Here is his latest excrement:
This week I took action to reduce gun violence, because inaction is not an option. We must do something to protect children’s lives and prevent another tragedy like the massacre in Uvalde. It’s why I voted for two bills that passed the House with bipartisan support, the Protecting Our Kids Act, a package of common-sense gun safety measures, and the Federal Extreme Risk Protection Order Act, a “red flag law” to help ensure those who pose a threat to themselves or others do not have access to firearms.
The Protecting Our Kids Act:
• Raises the age to purchase a semiautomatic centerfire rifle or shotgun from 18 to 21;
• Bans large capacity magazines, and creates a voluntary buyback program;
• Makes gun trafficking and straw purchases for third parties a federal crime;
• Requires dealers to provide a secure gun storage or safety device with the sale of a shotgun or rifle
• Establishes requirements to regulate the storage of firearms on residential premises,
• Codifies into law the bans of bump stocks for civilian use
• Builds on the regulatory ban of ghost guns by ensuring that ghost guns are subject to existing federal firearm regulation.
The Federal Extreme Risk Protection Order Act Law allows enforcement officers, family and household members to file a petition requesting that a federal court issue a protection order prohibiting an individual from purchasing or possessing firearms. This red flag law will save lives by keeping guns out of the hands of a dangerous individual.
I’m proud to vote for these common-sense measures that will save lives all while maintaining the rights of individuals. The high-capacity assault weapons used in the Buffalo and Uvalde massacres were purchased legally by eighteen year olds. This bill could have prevented these teenagers from purchasing the weapons they used to murder 31 of our fellow Americans.
And the House has already passed the Bipartisan Background Checks Act, which requires a background check for every gun sale and is supported by nearly 90% of Americans.
For my two boys, and for every parent and child out there, I urge the Senate to act on these common-sense measures to save lives.
Member of Congress
What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Bitter Clinger
- Posts: 263
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:21 am
- Location: North Dallas
- Has liked: 251 times
- Liked: 162 times
Yup. Probably took a few too many hits in the helmet during his football days.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
Not just him. Bunch of people with fancy documents on the wall from institutions of higher learning can't seem to understand "shall not be infinged."
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"