Form 4473-5300-9

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

https://amgreatness.com/2021/05/02/must ... amendment/

"These fine, upstanding, number-crunching bb-stackers recently put on their green eyeshades and distributed an “administrative update” of good old Form 4473, called, guess what? Form 4473-5300-9.

The form changes the way information about gun buyers is documented. While NICS is only supposed to retain the new Form 4473-5300-9 data for successful background checks 24 hours and delayed background checks for only 90 days, BATF has a completely different set of rules for Federal Firearms Licensees.

Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) must use this form each time they access NICS to transfer guns between buyer and seller. The new update, yawningly dismissed as just another piece of federal paperwork, tends to lob privacy right out the window.

Here’s why:

While the old Form 4473 had sworn statements on page 1, signature on page 2, and gun information and the gun serial number on page 3, the new Form 4473-5300-9 has gun information, serial number and your personal identification all together on page 1. Only the signature is on page 2.

Here’s where it gets interesting: Because the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms reserves the right to “audit” each individual FFL’s complete ledger of transfers at any time, the FFL must also keep the original hard copies of the various Forms 4473 indefinitely.

Thus, while the legislation behind the old Form 4473 essentially created a de facto National Gun Registry (but a very clunky one, because all the multi-page applications are in each individual FFL’s possession and not on a government electronic database) the new Form 4473-5300-9 makes it a lot less clunky to get gun serials and owner information from the FFL in one glance. So much for privacy.

Imagine what the Biden Administration could do to Second Amendment rights with an executive order requiring a “national audit” of all the FFL ledgers to “insure their integrity” (copy them) as a firewall against “right wing domestic terrorism.”
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 117 times

I hate the fedgov’t in its currently constituted form, unhinged from the Constitution of the United States. It’s well past time for a thorough house cleaning and disinfection.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
oohrah
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 14 times

Frankly I don't see this as a substantive change. FFL requirements are the same, and the info was always there. Rearranging doesn't really make any difference. And the ATF still doesn't retain the info.
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

oohrah wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:28 am Frankly I don't see this as a substantive change. FFL requirements are the same, and the info was always there. Rearranging doesn't really make any difference. And the ATF still doesn't retain the info.

I don’t trust the feds to do anything, without a hidden agenda in mind. As you said, all of the info is the same, only “rearranged”

The 4473 has remained unchanged for years. Why change it now? I don’t believe for a moment that this is a “streamlining” feature. It does not benefit the buyer, or the seller. As posted, it makes it easier for an auditor to have everything they need on the front page. The signature, and NICS info is all that is on the back pages. No FFL dealer would risk their license, by selling a gun without getting approval from NICS. And even if they did they would not keep a paper trail, so that info, is pretty much a given. But with the name address, and SS# ( if you put it down) is right there underneath the guns you bought. Even under the previous gun-grabber in charge, the 4473 was unchanged, but now the left, and their ATF stormtroopers, want a “new” form.
The last 4 years have jaded me towards any Federal agency. JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble: