Let's hope Allen West runs for govenor

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

He seems genuine and not like the current past few govenors that say what will get them votes or speak like the common people are beneath them.

I know he's a recent transplant and that would normally turn me off but our greatest Texas heroes were also transplants.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

jason812 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:12 pm

He seems genuine and not like the current past few govenors that say what will get them votes or speak like the common people are beneath them.

I know he's a recent transplant and that would normally turn me off but our greatest Texas heroes were also transplants.
I saw him speak recently and he is frequently asked about running for governor. He has not said he would not, but he also hasn't said he would.
sewtexas
Has liked: 4 times
Liked: 7 times

I don't know.
I thought he was suppose to be the head of the Texas Republican Party, right? If so, where is he? He's never at the Capitol, never speaking, never hear from him....at least not that I see, maybe I miss it?
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times

sewtexas wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:08 am I don't know.
I thought he was suppose to be the head of the Texas Republican Party, right? If so, where is he? He's never at the Capitol, never speaking, never hear from him....at least not that I see, maybe I miss it?
I know he was down there testifying in favor of permitless carry. I cannot speak for other legislation.
rotor
Has liked: 10 times
Liked: 21 times

What do you think the governor really does in Texas? My understanding is that he has a limited role.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

rotor wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:54 am What do you think the governor really does in Texas? My understanding is that he has a limited role.
Not limited enough based upon the last few months.
Before the greatly overstated “pandemic” how many Texans understood that our governor had been given the power to institute such harsh measures against people and businesses?
Before snowmageddon how many Texans understood that our governor had gotten in bed with the green energy crowd resulting in Texans without power when needed the most?

Would Allen West be any better? Who knows...many have talked a good game to get elected and then revealed that they weren’t really who they lead the voters to believe they were.
Vol Texan
Has liked: 8 times

I'm an Allen West fan, and have been for some time. However, I have to call out whenever someone makes an error, whether intentional or not.
At 5:07 he calls out Kroger as banning all firearms in all stores and affiliates. I don't know what Krogers he goes to, but mine is quite gun friendly. I won't go so far as to say that if you walk in unarmed they'll loan you one so you don't feel out of place, but they're not far off...
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com | Texas3006 moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

bblhd672 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:31 pm
rotor wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:54 am What do you think the governor really does in Texas? My understanding is that he has a limited role.
Not limited enough based upon the last few months.
Before the greatly overstated “pandemic” how many Texans understood that our governor had been given the power to institute such harsh measures against people and businesses?
Before snowmageddon how many Texans understood that our governor had gotten in bed with the green energy crowd resulting in Texans without power when needed the most?

Would Allen West be any better? Who knows...many have talked a good game to get elected and then revealed that they weren’t really who they lead the voters to believe they were.
I'm with bubblehead on this. Allen West is an extremely articulate orator. He also seems like a very good person. I've been to a couple of events, and he has impressed me both times. He has charisma and a magnetic personality. Unfortunately, it is hard to get beneath that surface. Maybe he genuinely is a kind person that we should get behind. Maybe he uses that talent stack as a weapon behind a façade. I don't know, and I can't tell. If he won the primaries, I will probably get behind him. But until then, I'm going to tread lightly.

As an aside, I hate to use this comparison, but I feel like Allen West is a Republican Obama. Obama also has the exact same traits and talents as an articulate orator and charismatic leader. Fortunately for us, Allen West is infinitely more in line with our political beliefs than Obama was as the 44th.
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

Vol Texan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 pm I'm an Allen West fan, and have been for some time. However, I have to call out whenever someone makes an error, whether intentional or not.
At 5:07 he calls out Kroger as banning all firearms in all stores and affiliates. I don't know what Krogers he goes to, but mine is quite gun friendly. I won't go so far as to say that if you walk in unarmed they'll loan you one so you don't feel out of place, but they're not far off...
I noticed that too, and I thought it was odd. He may have been 25% right, though. If I remember correctly, when open carry passed, Kroger corporate said that they will disallow open carry in their stores while allowing concealed carry, similar to the policy Whataburger has (verbal warning, no signs). But that was just a talking head making noises; no store actually cared to follow through with it. It is similar to Walmart's claim of disallowing open carry at their stores after the El Paso thing. That didn't go anywhere either. I have openly carried at numerous Walmarts since their announcement with no repercussions. Heck, the first time I did it, I said hi to the greeter and the LEO he was talking to.
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

strogg wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:46 pm
Vol Texan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 pm I'm an Allen West fan, and have been for some time. However, I have to call out whenever someone makes an error, whether intentional or not.
I noticed that too, and I thought it was odd. He may have been 25% right, though. If I remember correctly, when open carry passed, Kroger corporate said that they will disallow open carry in their stores while allowing concealed carry, similar to the policy Whataburger has (verbal warning, no signs). But that was just a talking head making noises; no store actually cared to follow through with it. It is similar to Walmart's claim of disallowing open carry at their stores after the El Paso thing. That didn't go anywhere either. I have openly carried at numerous Walmarts since their announcement with no repercussions. Heck, the first time I did it, I said hi to the greeter and the LEO he was talking to.
I thought he was referring to one of the chains they owned. After some political dustup a while back, Kroger corporation said that this store would no longer sell any guns or ammunition. I do not remember which store in their family it was because I had questioned when Kroger's sold guns.
Steve Rothstein