Let's hope Allen West runs for govenor

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

srothstein wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:03 pm
strogg wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:46 pm
Vol Texan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 pm I'm an Allen West fan, and have been for some time. However, I have to call out whenever someone makes an error, whether intentional or not.
At 5:07 he calls out Kroger as banning all firearms in all stores and affiliates. I don't know what Krogers he goes to, but mine is quite gun friendly. I won't go so far as to say that if you walk in unarmed they'll loan you one so you don't feel out of place, but they're not far off...
I noticed that too, and I thought it was odd. He may have been 25% right, though. If I remember correctly, when open carry passed, Kroger corporate said that they will disallow open carry in their stores while allowing concealed carry, similar to the policy Whataburger has (verbal warning, no signs). But that was just a talking head making noises; no store actually cared to follow through with it. It is similar to Walmart's claim of disallowing open carry at their stores after the El Paso thing. That didn't go anywhere either. I have openly carried at numerous Walmarts since their announcement with no repercussions. Heck, the first time I did it, I said hi to the greeter and the LEO he was talking to.
I thought he was referring to one of the chains they owned. After some political dustup a while back, Kroger corporation said that this store would no longer sell any guns or ammunition. I do not remember which store in their family it was because I had questioned when Kroger's sold guns.
That would be the Kroger-owned Fred Meyer chain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Meye ... ion_policy
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
sewtexas
Has liked: 4 times
Liked: 7 times

Flightmare wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:19 am
sewtexas wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:08 am I don't know.
I thought he was suppose to be the head of the Texas Republican Party, right? If so, where is he? He's never at the Capitol, never speaking, never hear from him....at least not that I see, maybe I miss it?
I know he was down there testifying in favor of permitless carry. I cannot speak for other legislation.
Huh, I missed him, and I thought I saw everyone
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

sewtexas wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:08 am I don't know.
I thought he was suppose to be the head of the Texas Republican Party, right? If so, where is he? He's never at the Capitol, never speaking, never hear from him....at least not that I see, maybe I miss it?
He has been very visible. Several events here in Dallas and very often present speaking in Austin.
https://www.texasgop.org/texas-gop-laud ... committee/
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

Where is our current govenor? Seems to me his finger is in the wind seeing which way it blows. Knowing that if it passes the senate he'll sign the bill for votes but not endorsing or being vocal one way or the other in case it doesn't go through he senate, no skin off his back.

When's the last time you seen a politician actually shoot? There were the rumors of Perry and the coyote but I have my doubts about that. Kudos to Mr. West for actually using a firearm.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
KBCraig

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:23 pm
He's wearing the wrong shade of orange for Texas.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Vol Texan
Has liked: 8 times
Liked: 56 times

KBCraig wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:23 pm
He's wearing the wrong shade of orange for Texas.
I picked up on that right away. After all, the Vol in VolTexan is representative of my home state of Tennessee, and anyone who's ever met me at one of the CHLForum events knows they can find me by the bright orange ballcap that's stitched to my head.
I just didn't want to rub it in y'all's faces, ya know? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com | Texas3006 moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry
KBCraig

Vol Texan wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:08 pm I picked up on that right away. After all, the Vol in VolTexan is representative of my home state of Tennessee, and anyone who's ever met me at one of the CHLForum events knows they can find me by the bright orange ballcap that's stitched to my head.
I lived in Texas for 24 years, but I was never a Texan. I was wearing my Razorbacks cap in New Hampshire today, and had someone shout "Roll Tide!" at me. :D
Vol Texan
Has liked: 8 times
Liked: 56 times

KBCraig wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:45 pm
Vol Texan wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:08 pm I picked up on that right away. After all, the Vol in VolTexan is representative of my home state of Tennessee, and anyone who's ever met me at one of the CHLForum events knows they can find me by the bright orange ballcap that's stitched to my head.
I lived in Texas for 24 years, but I was never a Texan. I was wearing my Razorbacks cap in New Hampshire today, and had someone shout "Roll Tide!" at me. :D
Oh, I'm a Texan alright. It's just with the number of connections between the two states (e.g. Sam Houston was governor of both, and all the Tennesseans who died at the Alamo), I've just always considered the whole state of Texas to be an adopted suburb of Knoxville. :D
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com | Texas3006 moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

Texas Democrats Support Chairman Who Used 'Oreo' Slur Against Sen. Tim Scott
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarko ... s-n2589093

Allen West responds....
Texas GOP Chair Allen West slammed the Democrats' decision.

“The leadership of the Democrat Party says that they're not accepting his resignation, that everything is fine, that he did not have to apologize for calling, a sitting U.S. Senator, a Republican senator, a black senator from South Carolina, an Oreo," West told MRCTV.

"So that's the problem. When you want to talk about institutionalized racism, when you want to talk about the systemic racism and the purveyors thereof - it's the Democrat Party. They've always been. They never voted for the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments. They are the party of Jim Crow. They're the party of segregation, of slavery. And now, thanks to the soft bigotry of low expectations, they're the party that sees independent thinking, black men and women as a threat.

"‘Oreo's’, ‘Uncle Tom’s’, ‘house n- word’. You know what I'm talking about. They're the real sellouts- those blacks in the Democrat Party that will allow this type of racism to continue on," he continued. "So stop calling everyone else white supremacists and racists and all of these other things, because you The Lamar County Democrat Party, the Texas Democrat Party, you're the real racists – and I despise you.”