DemocRats introduce legislation to ban suppressors!!

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

AndyC wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:29 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:41 pm Has anyone in the US been killed by a gun with a silencer in recent times?
I can think of one:

DeWayne Craddock, 2019 Virginia Beach municipal shooter, killed 12 people using a suppressor-equipped handgun.
I haven't seen evidence that Craddock's silencer was legal and registered.

It was definitely illegal to posses in Virginia Beach, because Virginia doesn't have full preemption.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

I doubt it was legal too, but that wasn't the question.
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 117 times

blackhorse1 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:04 am Like the old saying "there's always one". Although I don't think that's what they meant. I just couldn't pass that up. Although I do know 1 guy that has a suppressor on his AR and I asked him if it was registered and he said " I thought you said you wasn't a cop" and I said I'm not. He quickly quit talking to me. 😆
FWIW, my primary HD weapon is a suppressed SBR. Yes.....it’s registered, and so is the can. The SBR is lighter, shorter, and handier than a shotgun, and more powerful than a handgun. Ever since I lost nearly 100% of the hearing in my left ear in May of 2020, I’ve become extremely protective of the hearing I have left. Any kind of gun is going to be really loud inside a house—hence the suppressor. Additionally, the pistol that backs up that SBR is also suppressed, and for the same reasons.

For my own part, my legal bases are properly covered. Every NFA item we own is properly registered and listed on our trust, and I’m not worried about whether or not someone is a cop. But I not only don’t make assumptions about whether someone else's equipment is legal and registered, I don’t care and it’s none of my damn business. The fact that the law requires it is an infringement, and I don’t feel in any way morally bound to inform on anyone whom I suspect might be violating it. I only conform to the law myself so that I don’t have to worry about nosy Karens.......and democrats.....but I repeat myself......

F Troop gets paid....partly from my taxes, I might add....to do a job. It’s not my responsibility to do it for them. As far as I’m concerned, the NFA should be repealed and BATFE disbanded. I’m not about to try and help them be more efficient at stripping rights from people.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
KBCraig

AndyC wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:09 am I doubt it was legal too, but that wasn't the question.
Oh, if they're only proposing to ban what's already illegal, then have at it. They're really good at make illegal things double-extra-illegaller.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
KBCraig

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:32 pm FWIW, my primary HD weapon is a suppressed SBR. Yes.....it’s registered, and so is the can. The SBR is lighter, shorter, and handier than a shotgun, and more powerful than a handgun. Ever since I lost nearly 100% of the hearing in my left ear in May of 2020, I’ve become extremely protective of the hearing I have left. Any kind of gun is going to be really loud inside a house—hence the suppressor. Additionally, the pistol that backs up that SBR is also suppressed, and for the same reasons.
I have not yet coughed up the money for anything NFA (and I don't have anything that should be tax-stamped but isn't).

I totally agree with your reasoning, though. It's far easier to grab the primary and secondary HD gadgets, than to grab them while putting on ear protection.
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

KBCraig wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:24 pm
AndyC wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:09 am I doubt it was legal too, but that wasn't the question.
Oh, if they're only proposing to ban what's already illegal, then have at it. They're really good at make illegal things double-extra-illegaller.
:lol:

Probably the reverse, as they're not known for logic and we're familiar with this tune - ban the legal things that have (rarely) been used by illegal users thereof.
blackhorse1
Has liked: 29 times
Liked: 17 times

Hey annoyed man, I don't care either. I was just saying I knew someone that had an unregistered silencer. HE said the thing about a cop, not me. I never insinuated that I was. I don't give a crap if it's registered or not. It's not on me. I don't like being referenced to the Karen type, and I don't care if yours is or not either. I don't call cop's on anyone for anything. He volunteered the info. So where does the Karen reference come into play here.😎
Likes; burning rubber and screaming women :text-lol:
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

New York “Silencer” Case Tossed because Item was a Solvent Trap

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/04/new-yo ... lvent-trap
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 117 times

blackhorse1 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:12 pm Hey annoyed man, I don't care either. I was just saying I knew someone that had an unregistered silencer. HE said the thing about a cop, not me. I never insinuated that I was. I don't give a crap if it's registered or not. It's not on me. I don't like being referenced to the Karen type, and I don't care if yours is or not either. I don't call cop's on anyone for anything. He volunteered the info. So where does the Karen reference come into play here.😎
FWIW, I wasn’t calling you a Karen, so I’m sorry if you took it that way. That’s not how it was intended. It was a very general reference, and I never meant to include you in it.

For instance.....I have jokingly said many times that the primary reason I carry my firearm concealed most of the time is because I don’t want to have to shoot a Karen. That doesn’t mean that I’m against open carry (I’m not); nor does it mean that I’m not willing to have friendly conversations with strangers who are curious when I am open carrying (I have had such conversations). Nor does it mean that I’d actually shoot a Karen for being a Karen. It ALSO does not mean that I think people who carry concealed and are vocally against open carry, are also Karens.

Everybody has a right to their opinions. I was merely sharing mine, and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:09 pm
blackhorse1 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:12 pm Hey annoyed man, I don't care either. I was just saying I knew someone that had an unregistered silencer. HE said the thing about a cop, not me. I never insinuated that I was. I don't give a crap if it's registered or not. It's not on me. I don't like being referenced to the Karen type, and I don't care if yours is or not either. I don't call cop's on anyone for anything. He volunteered the info. So where does the Karen reference come into play here.😎
FWIW, I wasn’t calling you a Karen, so I’m sorry if you took it that way. That’s not how it was intended. It was a very general reference, and I never meant to include you in it.

For instance.....I have jokingly said many times that the primary reason I carry my firearm concealed most of the time is because I don’t want to have to shoot a Karen. That doesn’t mean that I’m against open carry (I’m not); nor does it mean that I’m not willing to have friendly conversations with strangers who are curious when I am open carrying (I have had such conversations). Nor does it mean that I’d actually shoot a Karen for being a Karen. It ALSO does not mean that I think people who carry concealed and are vocally against open carry, are also Karens.

Everybody has a right to their opinions. I was merely sharing mine, and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
i would piggy back on this a little
i generally dont carry OPEN. not because i think those that carry open are any different from those who carry concealed. Its a personal choice, as its a personal choice for those who carry however it fits their fancy (open or concealed)

i have my own reasons and one is exactly what TAM just said about conversations with strangers or the curious Georges. i prefer to not be noticed long term, you see me and continue on your way, vice you see me and then stare or follow me around or hide your eyes when i look your way.

my lengthy travels to far and away lands, we try to blend, not stand out. i use this technique at home as well. I am friendly and courteous but you should forget me after we speak. unless your my friend or family member.

2nd reason is "targeting" if BAD GUY or GIRL decides to visit a place i am at, and decides to start a shoot em up, i prefer not to be the 1st target.
IMO and its MINE. if a bg comes in , they will look for those who are open carrying or easy targets. I prefer to duck, plan and then do whats needed to protect myself 1st. if i was to loose my mind and decide to be a bg i would look for the targets first, and I am sane.

more often these days, when i am in a check out line, i tend to watch the doors a bit more closely than the casual look at who walks in or out. I also look around my area for things i could use as a weapon if needed (12oz cans of soda are great head thumpers) . i am not talking scan, repeat scan. I mean look , take a mental note and move on type look. i also do this down the aisles as well.
I am not paranoid, but i do know where the exits are and i never sit with my back to a window or the door. i am not scared; just prepared as these times are getting very strange in a very fast order.
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods