DemocRats introduce legislation to ban suppressors!!

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
blackhorse1
Has liked: 29 times
Liked: 17 times

Hey powerboatr, I bet you can't find any one case where the open carrying guy was singled out 1st. And shot first. Gun talk. Never happened😎
Likes; burning rubber and screaming women :text-lol:
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

blackhorse1 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:25 pm Hey powerboatr, I bet you can't find any one case where the open carrying guy was singled out 1st. And shot first. Gun talk. Never happened😎
probably not, and i have looked
i mention it because the crazies now days are being focused to single out targets. listen to cnn and others.
the rhetoric towards legal firearm owner is on a fever pitch to make us all look like the bad guys we are not
like i said, concealed or otherwise is each person personal choice
i respect all those decisions. thats all

i dont want to pee in the wheaties, my opinions are just that MINE
i like this place because most say what alot of us are thinking without any discord.

i bet there is a large percentage of folks that carry, that have little real world stress tested training on how to deal with a real active shooter.
i am guilty of not going to range near enough. finding good training is pricey (not to mention the 1k rounds of ammo needed). dropping 1k rounds now days is hard pill to swallow with shortages still high

in the navy we trained as we fought and then fought as we trained. we trained ALOT on everything. but somehow active shooter and the close quarters stuff was far and few in-between. nothing says CRAP like searching a vessel in close quarters and some person pops out unaware of your presence .

the real OMG stress of being face to face with the bad guy in a grocery or the like is hard to replicate.

thats why we run things in our head and try to do some skill training at the range.
my wife and i talk about take cover, evade and defend OFTEN. lately its been alot more often, but in no way does it bring heightened stress or anything to the table

most i bet would prefer to take cover, then evade and lastly defend. ask yourself; is the clerk worth you taking a stand against a bad guy or is your life more important?
self preservation has to be on top, then formulate a plan to help others if possible. we may be sheep dogs or want to be sheep dogs, which is very admirable and the right thing to do hands down, we should stand up and protect those who cant, but in the end; unless your family or brother in arms, then my life is more important than that of a stranger.
this is stark contrast to just a 10 years ago.

taking a life or having one go in-front of you is an event that most people cannot forget . nor should it ever be forgotten. We should educate those in our orbit that life is sacred and taking one is a horrendous event, even in self defense. but also train on how not to be the victim.
i would prefer no active shooters, and no police being executed and no bad guys being free. but its 2021 and life is has changed fast over the last decade and its rapidly devolving to the old wild west
once police are neutered, it will be a free for all. we must look at life differently and be proactive.
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
blackhorse1

Points taken to the annoyed man and powerboatr . I apologize for coming off so bold and defensive. I'm a vietnam vet and I've seen and done enough to last me a lifetime. PTSD is a hard demon to deal with, even with meds. When I hear of another senseless killing I want to go knock some sense in their heads. These wild ass killings have got to stop. Stupid reasons even. These killers need to be on the front lines and see if they can last the test of time. They won't want to kill any more. I've been called out a few times and I've been seen as serious about how I carry myself. They usually walk away then. I take alot sometimes but I won't back down or run. Maybe stupid but that's how I'm wired. Now I'm ok and through with my rant. I apologize for my quick and hurtful responses. I'll take more pills. 😎
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

no apology needed.
we have the great place here to let it out and say what , we know many are thinking. it makes us stronger . and in the end we are all still a weird form of family
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
blackhorse1

Agreed.😎