C'Mon Texas!! We shouldn't be the last State to do this!!

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

TTAG covers the events, including the anti-gun chiefs and instructors.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/some- ... ote-video/
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:43 pm Even more aggregiously, Garcia was apparently joined by DPA President Mike Mata:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/04/13/dal ... -firearms/
As I pointed out to a friend when he asked me about this, the thing most people need to remember that is not readily apparent is that police unions are unions first and police only incidentally. As unions, their first function is to support labor and usually, this makes police unions very Democratic Party oriented. And the Democrats know this and play it up. They will quickly point out how many police unions endorse them while not pointing out that it was for their record on labor laws, not crime.

I was shocked when I first heard this. It was explained to me by Ron DeLord, at the time the president of CLEAT, the statewide police union. My question had been why CLEAT was endorsing Clinton instead of Bush in 92. I did not know of a single officer that supported Clinton and wanted to know why. DeLord was honest and explained it to me. I have always appreciated that explanation and now try to spread it to others.
Steve Rothstein
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 117 times

srothstein wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:28 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:43 pm Even more aggregiously, Garcia was apparently joined by DPA President Mike Mata:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/04/13/dal ... -firearms/
As I pointed out to a friend when he asked me about this, the thing most people need to remember that is not readily apparent is that police unions are unions first and police only incidentally. As unions, their first function is to support labor and usually, this makes police unions very Democratic Party oriented. And the Democrats know this and play it up. They will quickly point out how many police unions endorse them while not pointing out that it was for their record on labor laws, not crime.

I was shocked when I first heard this. It was explained to me by Ron DeLord, at the time the president of CLEAT, the statewide police union. My question had been why CLEAT was endorsing Clinton instead of Bush in 92. I did not know of a single officer that supported Clinton and wanted to know why. DeLord was honest and explained it to me. I have always appreciated that explanation and now try to spread it to others.
This has LONG been an issue in California, where the most powerful union isn't the Teachers Union, as many think, but is actually the California correctional Peace Officers Association ..... the prison guards union. An ENORMOUS part of the state's debt is to the association-secured retirement benefits package. And that fund is regularly drawn on to generously fund the election of democrats. In other words, republicans in California pay to elect democrats, through that part of their income taxes which goes to making sure that prison guards have cushy benefits.

After all, we can’t have prison guards going out on strike now, can we?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Texas: GOA Responds to Sellout License to Carry Instructors

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/04/texas- ... z6s6uucanV
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
C-dub
Has liked: 17 times
Liked: 10 times

The latest claims I heard on the radio a couple days ago by one of the police groups was that they are claiming a Constitutional Carry law, if passed, would threaten the License To Carry program. I am unaware of any such thing and thought it was a shameless attempt (and possibly an outright lie) to turn LTC's against CC.
I am not and have never been an LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Sergeant Mike Smith, who was murdered along with 4 other LEO's on 7.7.2016.
Patriot Guard Rider
NRA Life Member
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

C-dub wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:04 am The latest claims I heard on the radio a couple days ago by one of the police groups was that they are claiming a Constitutional Carry law, if passed, would threaten the License To Carry program. I am unaware of any such thing and thought it was a shameless attempt (and possibly an outright lie) to turn LTC's against CC.
More left wing fear mongering, to stir up firearms instructors, etc. When the LTC costs no more than a KFC dinner for four, and allows you to bypass the NICS, when buying a gun, and allows you to carry in other States, the "program" will be fine. The handgun licensing, was never designed to be profitable for the State. I seriously doubt, that people who have not obtained their LTC by now, are just waiting around for Constitutional Carry to pass. Nor do I believe that very many of those who have an LTC, will suddenly stop renewing it.

The LTC was never a "program" it is a law that "allowed" people to jump through hoops to exercise, a Constitutional right. Just more babble from the left.

JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

C-dub wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:04 am The latest claims I heard on the radio a couple days ago by one of the police groups was that they are claiming a Constitutional Carry law, if passed, would threaten the License To Carry program. I am unaware of any such thing and thought it was a shameless attempt (and possibly an outright lie) to turn LTC's against CC.
I heard the same nonsense about Arkansas, Maine, New Hampshire, and Oklahoma.

I'm unaware of any state that has done away with their licensing program when legalizing permitless carry.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
sewtexas
Has liked: 4 times
Liked: 7 times

it passed the House today....it was entertaining to watch....I got a lot of packing done while yelling at the TV, lol
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

sewtexas wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:22 pm it passed the House today....it was entertaining to watch....I got a lot of packing done while yelling at the TV, lol
Please refrain from using the word "packing". It causes me serious distress.
sewtexas
Has liked: 4 times
Liked: 7 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:37 pm
sewtexas wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:22 pm it passed the House today....it was entertaining to watch....I got a lot of packing done while yelling at the TV, lol
Please refrain from using the word "packing". It causes me serious distress.
:lol: :lol: :lol: