NICS Denial Notification Act

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 117 times

Senators.....including some republicans......including one of OUR republicans.....want to compel states to enforce federal laws when following up on NICS denials.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

This should be definitively outlined in fm the 2A sanctuary language. I have no problem with enforcing the law, but, if it is a Federal law, then Federal law enforcement should be responsible for enforcement. If the ATF has time to go after people with 80% gun frames, then they can go after those who lie on the 4473. They made up the form, they are responsible for enforcing the law. Once again, they are more concerned with law abiders than actual law breakers. JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

Local/state police should not be compelled to enforce federal law, just like how federal law enforcement should not be compelled to enforce state/local laws. At the same time, neither side should prohibit the other side from doing their jobs. If the feds want to enforce their own laws, the local folks can't stop them, and vice versa. If the two want to cooperate and help each other out, more power to them. I'm not opposed to that. I'm only opposed to the feds or state/local level folks forcing the other to do their bidding.

So ultimately, I don't mind current NICS/4473 laws being enforced. But the feds shouldn't be forcing local LEOs to do that since it's a federal matter. If the local LEOs want to help, though, they can.
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

strogg wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:34 pm Local/state police should not be compelled to enforce federal law, just like how federal law enforcement should not be compelled to enforce state/local laws. At the same time, neither side should prohibit the other side from doing their jobs. If the feds want to enforce their own laws, the local folks can't stop them, and vice versa. If the two want to cooperate and help each other out, more power to them. I'm not opposed to that. I'm only opposed to the feds or state/local level folks forcing the other to do their bidding.

So ultimately, I don't mind current NICS/4473 laws being enforced. But the feds shouldn't be forcing local LEOs to do that since it's a federal matter. If the local LEOs want to help, though, they can.
The obvious exception would be when federal and state law conflict. In theory though, courts would resolve the conflict.
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

Printz v. United States (originally filed by Sheriff Richard Mack) settled whether state/county/local LE can be forced to enforce federal law.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.