30.06/30.07 Statute Changes - Sept 2019

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
Elendil

Back at that time, I was glad to see the new sub-item (g) addition to this Texas law 30.06/30.07 that basically says (and I paraphrase..): 'a defense to prosecution of a violation of this section is if a LTC holder is verbally notified and then promptly leaves the property'.

I've had some conflicting discussions with several of my Texas friends, and some lawyers, about the practical aspects of this in light of Texas being a 'signage has force of law' state.
My question to all of you here, now that it's been a year+ since passage of this: How has this new subsection been actually implemented and handled by LEO for instances when a LTC holder claims not to have seen the signage, is discovered and verbally told to leave? Technically, my understanding is you risk arrest even in that situation but how has/is this really being handled by LEO in Texas? Any cities or businesses more 'forgiving' than others?

Great resource here! Just stumbled across it and will be referencing often. Thank you all.
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

I am unaware of any LTC being "arrested" in general for violation of 30.06 or 30.07. It would be an interesting open records request to check how many tickets were issued since the new change went into effect.
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

Doesn't DPS still issue annual arrest reports for licensees?
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

KBCraig wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:25 pm Doesn't DPS still issue annual arrest reports for licensees?
Reports and Statistics
https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/handg ... atistics-1

2020 arrest stats
https://www.dps.texas.gov/sites/default ... rt2020.pdf

Total Convictions in Texas
Convictions of LTC Holders
LTC Holder Percentage of Total Convictions
0.4334%