No guns signage law changes

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
rcl-lkl

I hope this is the correct place.

Texas SB 253 by Eckhardt. "Relating to the notice given by a property owner prohibiting certain persons from carrying certain firearms on the property."

The bill will lower the no guns signage standards to the point where "No firearms permitted on this property", and/or "No concealed handguns permitted on this property", and/or "No openly carried handguns permitted on this property", with a gun buster pictogram will suffice as notification.

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/Te ... Bill=SB253
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

rcl-lkl wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:46 am I hope this is the correct place.

Texas SB 253 by Eckhardt. "Relating to the notice given by a property owner prohibiting certain persons from carrying certain firearms on the property."

The bill will lower the no guns signage standards to the point where "No firearms permitted on this property", and/or "No concealed handguns permitted on this property", and/or "No openly carried handguns permitted on this property", with a gun buster pictogram will suffice as notification.

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/Te ... Bill=SB253
Just what we need. Another DemocRat lawyer, err lier, from Austin making it easier to create gun free soft target zones. Feh.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
FrogFan
Has liked: 29 times
Liked: 14 times

I read the linked document and I thought it said that signage requirements for LTCs have not changed. Did I miss something?
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

FrogFan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:10 pm I read the linked document and I thought it said that signage requirements for LTCs have not changed. Did I miss something?
What you missed is the change that adds the word OR and then specifies a new sign with just one line saying no firearms allowed here or words to that effect and has a gunbuster symbol on it. This legally gives the property owner a choice of using the current sign or the new, one line sign with no minimum height or size.

When reading Texas bills, any language that is underlined is added language to the law. Any language that is crossed out (a horizontal line through each character) is deleted from the law.
Steve Rothstein
rotor
Has liked: 10 times
Liked: 21 times

Beto would have signed it into law too.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

This Sarah Eckhardt is an all around train wreck. Austin will ruin Texas:

https://texasscorecard.com/state/democr ... e-gas-tax/
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
FrogFan
Has liked: 29 times
Liked: 14 times

srothstein wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:57 pm
FrogFan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:10 pm I read the linked document and I thought it said that signage requirements for LTCs have not changed. Did I miss something?
What you missed is the change that adds the word OR and then specifies a new sign with just one line saying no firearms allowed here or words to that effect and has a gunbuster symbol on it. This legally gives the property owner a choice of using the current sign or the new, one line sign with no minimum height or size.

When reading Texas bills, any language that is underlined is added language to the law. Any language that is crossed out (a horizontal line through each character) is deleted from the law.
Thanks. I actually stopped reading before I got to the word "or", having convinced myself that nothing had changed for LTCs. I won't make that mistake again.
BillyBobTexas

So.....is this just a Bill - nad not yet passed? Or is it now a Law, after passing and being signed?
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

BillyBobTexas wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:25 pm So.....is this just a Bill - nad not yet passed? Or is it now a Law, after passing and being signed?
No law has been passed changing the sign requirements in this legislative session.