Deans Defensive Shooting - Home Intruder

Stories and reports of "good guys" (and gals!) defending themselves against criminals, or tactical / training videos to help ensure a positive outcome when the SHTF!
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

Texas shoot / no shoot scenario by John D Deans. http://www.deansdefensiveshooting.com/

Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

I thought these were pretty neat. Hadn't really watched any scenario videos laid out like this before.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Texas Law Shield does a good job with their educational seminars as well. Hopefully these will pick up again once we have the Chinese Wuhan Kung Flu in the rear view mirror.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

I have been indoctrinated too well in two different areas. I truly agree with the video presentations, especially in the first video. I thin he was too slow to shoot considering he had his gun out and aimed in the third video, And I think I would have had a reaction in the second video which probably would have included shooting there too.

Area number two is kind of funny, but as a former training academy director, one of the things that went through my mind was using the same Black man as a suspect in each video. I can just see someone watching this and screaming about prejudice and "implicit biases". We really do need to be careful about our training just in case we ever do get in a shooting. I would hate to have the jury shown that video as the training I went through after I shot a Black burglary suspect.
Steve Rothstein
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

I have watched too many movies. I wanted to pull the nozzle out of the gas tank filler, hose the attacker down with gasoline and... :violence-torch:
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
slowpoke13
Has liked: 2 times
Liked: 1 time

Deans is a great guy, he is very involved in the local shooting community . He is also a conservative.