Massive errors in FBI’s Active Shooting Reports regarding cases where civilians stop attacks

Stories and reports of "good guys" (and gals!) defending themselves against criminals, or tactical / training videos to help ensure a positive outcome when the SHTF!
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Evidence compiled by the Crime Prevention Research Center shows that the sources the media relied on undercounted the number of instances in which armed citizens have thwarted such attacks by an order of more than ten, saving untold numbers of lives. Of course, law-abiding citizens stopping these attacks are not rare.

https://crimeresearch.org/2022/10/massi ... -free-zon/
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

and the fbi report on crime had several large cities not send in information on stats in their cities. can you guess which ones?
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

powerboatr wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:11 pm and the fbi report on crime had several large cities not send in information on stats in their cities. can you guess which ones?
The UCR was always flawed, but it was consistently flawed, allowing researchers to make calculated adjustments.

The FBI changed it, and now it is utterly useless.

"The government are very keen on amassing statistics. They collect them, add them, raise them to the nth power, take the cube root and prepare wonderful diagrams. But you must never forget that every one of these figures comes in the first instance from the chowky dar (village watchman in India), who just puts down what he damn pleases."
~Sir Josiah Stamp, using a third-hand quote
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

powerboatr wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:11 pm and the fbi report on crime had several large cities not send in information on stats in their cities. can you guess which ones?
New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia...how am I doing so far?
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

KBCraig wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:00 pm
The FBI is utterly useless.
Delete a few words and the statement is still true...